Who is this for?
Are you in business, going into business or taking over a family business? Are you considering buying a business or purchasing a franchise? Then you need a business lawyer who understands more than the basic principles of law.
What can SGRLLP do for me?
SGRLLP lawyers have a broad base of experience and approach the advising of business clients as an art. We bring negotiating skills, and understanding of business models and Estate Planning considerations to the table.
We understand that business partnerships are like marriages and we can bring our dispute resolution and negotiating skills to our clients, either before a problem arises or once a conflict has begun.
What is the trusted legal advisor?
At SGRLLP we have identified that the art of practicing law lies in being the trusted legal advisor to the client. The questions are numerous and varied:
- Incorporate or not?
- One or two corporations?
- Partnership, limited partnership, Limited liability partnership?
- Partnership/shareholder agreement?
- What happens on death, disability or divorce?
- Can you refer us to an accountant, an insurance advisor or a banker?
Our team (lawyers and corporate clerk) can assist with, among other things:
- Business organizations (such as, incorporations, partnerships, limited partnerships)
- Partnership/Shareholder and other commercial agreements
- Rollovers under the Income Tax Act
- Not for Profit organizations/Charities
- Condominium organizations
- Related real estate matters
- Maintenance of minute books
- Government filings
Click here to see our latest blog on the importance of a minute book.